Tandridge District Council Press Release 23.10.16
Local Plan second consultation papers released for committee
All the documents for the next stage of the Local Plan are now publically available. These will form the basis for a second stage of consultation once agreed by the Planning Policy Committee on 31 October.
This second consultation will give residents an opportunity to comment on sites being assessed as part of the plan. The Sites Consultation will last for eight weeks, starting on Friday 4 November and finishing on Friday 30 December.
Each site has been through a landscape, ecology and other assessments to look at whether it could be developed or not.
As a result sites have been identified which:
- Could be realistically developed.
- Cannot be recommended for development
- Need more investigation before a decision can be made either way.
The Sites Consultation will include evidence which can be used to protect the Green Belt in the long term. It will:
- Not allocate any land for development.
- Not change the boundary of the Green Belt.
Drop in sessions
As part of the consultation drop in sessions will be held where planning staff will be available to talk about the consultation.
|Tuesday 15 November||South Godstone Sports and Community Association, Lagham Road, South Godstone RH9 8HN||2pm-7.30pm|
|Wednesday 16 November||St John’s Church Hall, Eastbourne Road, Blindley Heath RH7 6JR||2pm -7.30pm|
|Thursday 17 November||Lingfield & Dormansland Community Centre, High Street, Lingfield RH7 6AB||2pm -7.30pm|
|Monday 21 November||Council Offices, Station Road East, Oxted RH8 0BT||2pm -7.30pm|
|Tuesday 22 November||Soper Hall, Harestone Valley Road, Caterham CR3 6HY||2pm-7.30pm|
|Wednesday 23 November||Centenary Hall (Outwood Room), Wheelers Lane, Smallfield RH6 9PT||2pm -7.30pm|
|Tuesday 29 November||Warlingham Church Hall, 339 Limpsfield Road, Warlingham CR6 9HA||2pm -7.30pm|
|Wednesday 30 November||Bletchingley Community Centre, 78 & 78A High Street RH 4PA||2pm -7.30pm|
The Sites Consultation documents can be viewed on our website www.tandridge.gov.uk/localplan. Anyone can make comments by:
- Registering online and making your comments using the consultation portal http://consult.tandridge.gov.uk/portal/.
- By e-mail to email@example.com.
- By post to Planning Policy, Council Offices, 8 Station Road East, Oxted RH8 0BT
Piers Mason, Chief Planning Officer, said: “We are releasing a lot of documents, which relate to the Sites Consultation and the preparation of the Local Plan. We have taken all the sites that were part of the first stage consultation and assessed them against a range of evidence to decide on their suitability for development or not.
“Drawing up a local plan is a long and complex process set out by the government. We are working hard to provide the evidence we need to convince the Inspector the amount of housing which can be built is realistic, but unlikely to meet the population needs.
“We want you to feel you have been able to shape and influence the place you live, work or visit, so please take this opportunity to tell us what you think. The findings of this consultation will be taken into account when the next consultation is carried out in the autumn/winter of 2017.”
Notes to editors:
- The Local Plan is how we manage the future development of our district. It will set out where homes, jobs, community facilities, shops and infrastructures can be delivered and identify the areas that need to be protected.
- Tandridge District is 94% Green Belt.
- The Local Plan: Issues and Approaches Regulation 18 consultation took place from 18 December 2015 to 26 February 2016. Over 5,200 comments were received from more than 3,100 individuals.
- Timetable for the Local Plan: The timetable for the preparation of the Local Plan is given below:
- Agenda and documents published for Planning Policy Committee: 24 October 2016.
- Planning Policy Committee to agree next stage of consultation: 31 October 2016.
- Sites Consultation (Regulation 18): 4 November to 30 December 2016 (more details will be released in the next few weeks).
- Consultation on the Local Plan Preferred Strategy (Regulation 19): Autumn/Winter 2017.
- Submission of Local Plan to the Planning Inspectorate (Regulation 22): Spring 2018.
- Public Examination by the Planning Inspectorate (Regulation 24): Summer/Autumn 2018.
- Adoption of a Local Plan (Regulation 26): Spring 2019.