There are still over four weeks left for residents to comment on the Local Plan: Sites Consultation, which gives residents an opportunity to comment on sites being assessed as part of the creation of a new Local Plan. The eight week Sites Consultation started on Friday 4 November and will end on Friday 30 December.
Each site has been through a landscape, ecology and other assessments to look at whether it could be developed or not.
As a result sites have been identified which:
- Could be realistically developed.
- Cannot be recommended for development
- Need more investigation before a decision can be made either way.
The Sites Consultation will include evidence which can be used to protect the Green Belt in the long term. It will:
- Not allocate any land for development.
- Not change the boundary of the Green Belt.
Drop in sessions
There are still two drop in sessions left where planning staff will be available to talk about the consultation. These sessions are open to residents from across the district. They are not area specific.
|Tuesday 29 November||Warlingham Church Hall, 339 Limpsfield Road, Warlingham CR6 9HA||2pm -7.30pm|
|Wednesday 30 November||Bletchingley Community Centre, 78 & 78A High Street RH 4PA||2pm -7.30pm|
The Sites Consultation documents can be viewed on www.tandridge.gov.uk/localplan. Anyone can make comments by:
- Registering online and making your comments using the consultation portal http://consult.tandridge.gov.uk/portal/.
- By e-mail to email@example.com.
- By post to Planning Policy, Council Offices, 8 Station Road East, Oxted RH8 0BT
Councillor Peter Bond, Chairman of the Planning Policy Committee, said: “Thank you to everyone who has come along to one of the drop in sessions – we have talked to over a thousand people at these. We have also received a large number of comments, but there are still over four week’s left for people to have their say about the sites included in this consultation. Please take this opportunity to tell us what you think and help shape and influence the place you live, work or visit.”